“To dare every day to be irreverent and bold. To dare to preserve the randomness of mind which in children produces strange and wonderful new thoughts and forms. To continually scramble the familiar and bring the old into new juxtaposition.” ---Gordon Webber

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Commercial Complaints

Is it just me or are commercials these days getting extra annoying? The main one that I must note here is, of course, the Optimum Triple Play commercial with the mermaids and the sea dragon. That stupid chant of "877-393-4448" drives me up the wall. Yes, it makes the number more memorable but it makes me want to gag at the same time. I am also more than a little bothered by the fact that my two year old daughter sticks her head out the window while I'm driving and screams, "It's my money and I need it now!" I know that there is pressure on businesses today to make consumers want to buy their products but there should be a limit to how many times a certain commercial can be played. For anyone that may have been living under a rock and who has never seen the Optimum commercial...you can't say that I didn't warn you.

No comments: