“To dare every day to be irreverent and bold. To dare to preserve the randomness of mind which in children produces strange and wonderful new thoughts and forms. To continually scramble the familiar and bring the old into new juxtaposition.” ---Gordon Webber

Friday, May 9, 2008

When I Cry, You Cry...We Cry Together


Someone once told me, "When it rains, it is God's tears and someone, somewhere is in pain. The rain is the Lord's way of crying with them." Who is God crying for today? Maybe he is crying for those who have lost someone...my sister,Trish, who is having a wake today for her grandfather who passed away. Rest in peace. Maybe he is crying for those motherless children who are wondering why their parents abandoned them. Those who are bouncing from home to home in the foster care system as well as those recently adopted who just realized that they, in reality, may never see their biological parents again. The tears might be for my adopted siblings: Amir, Myaisha, and Kaleema. They went from asking everyday when they could see their mother again to never asking at all though I still hear them mention her in their bedtime prayers. Maybe the Lord is crying for my daughter whose father was not present when she took her first steps, when she opened her first Christmas present, or when she blew out the candles on her birthday cake for the first time. She will be three soon and still has not met him. She probably never will. The Lord may be crying for those who woke up this morning feeling as if the last thing that they had to hold on to is suddenly gone and that they are now grasping thin air, searching for some source of comfort. Or maybe, just maybe, my God is crying for me...me, who let situations beyond my control dictate my actions and my future. Me, who allowed outside stress to affect my performance in work and school and is having trouble frantically trying to piece everything back together. Yes, maybe the Lord is crying with me...

No comments: