“To dare every day to be irreverent and bold. To dare to preserve the randomness of mind which in children produces strange and wonderful new thoughts and forms. To continually scramble the familiar and bring the old into new juxtaposition.” ---Gordon Webber

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

It's A Man, Maury!

Despite the fact that I hate to see women degrade and humiliate themselves and their families on national television, I always end up tuning in to Maury if I happen to be near a television between the hours of nine and eleven. Most of the episodes are paternity tests, which have somewhat lost their novelty for me. There are only so many men that you can see a woman test for paternity of her child before it stops being funny and just becomes sad. There are also so many wild teenage girls I can see come onto the show before I get mad at their parents for letting them become that way rather than do everything in their power to help them make something better of themselves. One topic that still holds appeal for me, despite my frequent denials, is the shows where you have to guess whether a person is a man or a woman. It just intrigues me to realize that some of these men are more feminine than me and I wonder how many others they have fooled. I also give much respect to those who are actually women but are called men by audience members and still manage to keep a smile on their faces. I've tried over and over again and the best score I could get was 6 out of 10. I guess its better than most, though. What? Think you can do better? I'd like to see you try...

No comments: