“To dare every day to be irreverent and bold. To dare to preserve the randomness of mind which in children produces strange and wonderful new thoughts and forms. To continually scramble the familiar and bring the old into new juxtaposition.” ---Gordon Webber

Friday, May 9, 2008

Dear Summer...


The school year is finally over and the highly anticipated (for most) summer vacation is here. I do need a break from writing papers, studying for tests, and never sleeping and am looking forward to it. I think I will miss the relative peace of our small Staten Island campus compared to my hometown, but I can survive a few months away from it. I admittedly will not miss all of the rumors and disputes that come along with being a part of a small campus community but I promised myself that next year, I will not succumb to any of it and will be above it all.

I will not relax completely because I will still have a full time job and will still be a full time mother but I am looking forward to the bonding time with my daughter as well as the non- work study paychecks. I am hoping to come back next year with a new attitude, a new sense of determination, and a renewed scholarship. Looking back, I believe that everything that happened during my freshman year here has happened for a reason and it will make me a better person during my next three years of undergrad.

There are so many things that I can say but yet so little that I can put into words. In short, I will miss all of the wonderful people I have come into contact with and hope to see them again next semester and wish those who will not be returning the best of luck. I want to congratulate the class of 2008 which includes my big sister, Renee. Congrats, Big! Finally, I want to say, not goodbye, but see you later to everyone whether they be friends or foes. Hasta próximo tiempo...

No comments: